I is for…Improvement. This is what is expected of you. Nobody can be best at everything and nobody expects you to be. What your teacher wants is for you to try your hardest and for you to do a little better each time. So how can you make sure you improve?
- listen carefully when your teacher is explaining.
- ask questions if you don’t understand.
- have a go in your independent working time and see how much you can do – you can’t improve if you don’t try.
- if you get stuck, show your teacher what you have tried so that he or she can see which part you need help with. This is much better than handing in a book with no work at all in.
- do your homework each week so that you are practising.