As most of you know by now, I lost my lovely Nan recently and I’ve been feeling quite down and more than a little tearful. So when I suddenly got a notification from my WordPress account that I had been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award it really put a smile on my face.
Thank you very much Mayumi for that. If you’ve never read Mayumi’s blog I suggest you head over there now and check it out. It has lots of great fiction, sometimes illustrated with her own beautiful artwork.
The rules of the award are that if you accept it you post it on your site, choose (about) 6 people to pass it on to, and then tell ten facts about yourself that others may not know. I have chosen the people who I think deserve the award next. The nomination really brightened my day, so I hope these nominees see it in the same light. If it seems more like a chore than an award, then I apologise now.
Ian Braisby – my wonderful husband! His blog is thoughts on (mostly) travel and music.
Anna Halford – a very talented lady. Some great flash fiction pieces, but also ideas on teaching too.
Sue Kerrigan – a lady with a wealth of knowledge about dyslexia issues. I have learnt so much from her.
Ventahl – the darker side of fiction
Enterprise Gran– another regular 100 word challenge contributor with some really beautifully crafted pieces
Taochild – whenever you think life couldn’t get any more twisted and quirky, Taochild lets you see inside his mind…
Now for 10 things that people don’t know about. This is tough because I can’t think of that many things that people would want to know about me, but here goes:
- I share something in common with Mayumi, who nominated me, in that I have also read the Iliad in the original Greek!
- I once went parascending over Neuschwanstein Castle.
- It’s no big secret that I am a French speaker, but not many of you will know that I have wanted a job where I could speak French ever since I was 3 years old! Nobody else in my family can speak it, but as a toddler I suddenly announced one day that I wanted to learn.
- I suffer from abibliophobia, which is the fear of having nothing to read. As a result I always carry a book in my handbag and take more books than clothes on holiday.
- I spent two weeks on a working holiday in Romania, teaching at a summer school for underprivileged children and visiting local orphanages.
- I got thrown out of recorder club when I was seven because my playing was so bad. You’ve heard the average 7-year-old with a recorder? Just imagine how much worse I must have been!
- In my younger days I won a prize for my legs – a year’s supply of tights and stockings from Pretty Polly.
- It says on my profile that I like dancing, but I’m qualified to teach Latin and Ballroom. So if you want to learn to Dance like the Stars – I’m your girl!
- I’ve flown a plane. Only a small plane, but a plane nonetheless.
- I’ve cuddled a skunk, been in a cage with a tapir and fed a snow leopard thanks to a “be a zookeeper for a day” Christmas present from my lovely husband.
Lastly, a huge thank you to Harriet at Twin Tales who also nominated me for this award. Her blog is a lovingly written diary of her life since she first discovered she was expecting twins. Harriet is an amazing lady. Go read her blog!